Residential Permit Applications
Trash, Yard Waste and Recycle Programs
The City of Green Park provides the following for each resident:
- Once a week pickup of residential household waste on Mondays.
- Once a week pickup of yard waste on Wednesdays.
- Once a week curbside recycling on Thursdays.
- Pick up of one (1) major appliance/large household item (excluding white goods) two (2) times per year scheduled by City Hall (once in April, and once in December).
The resident has the option to (but does not have to) include, at their expense, the services listed below:
- Second pickup of residential household waste on Thursdays.
- Waste Receptacle — 96 gallon roll out container: Rental or Purchase.
- Please contact American Eagle Waste at (314) 631-8381 for rates.
The resident has the option to participate in Single Stream Recycling:
As part of the recycling services, each residence will be provided with one 64-gallon recycling container free of charge. With single stream recycling all recyclables can be placed in the same container, no sorting is necessary. Participation in the recycling program is voluntary but is highly encouraged. Additional information can be obtained by contacting City Hall at 314-894-7336 or American Eagle at 314-631-8381.
The resident has access to year round Yard Waste Pick Up:
Effective May 1, 2013 the City of Green Park has contracted with American Eagle Waste to provide each home with year round yard waste pick up. This will be done with no charge to the homeowner. Yard waste will need to be at the curb by 6 a.m. on Wednesdays. You will be allowed to set out 10 lawn bags/containers or bundles. NO PLASTIC BAGS! Branches/limbs should be bundled in manageable bundles. (Branch size will be limited to 4 feet and 4 inches in diameter.) No charges to the resident apply for this service and there is no need to call to set up this service.
– Always have Trash / Recyclables / Yard Waste Out By 6:00 am –
If any of the above holidays fall on a weekday (Monday thru Friday), all services from the holiday will be delayed by one day during that week. Services will return to the regular schedule the following week. Example: If the holiday falls on Monday, we will pick-up Monday’s trash and recyclables on Tuesday, so that will push every thing else back one day for that week. If the holiday falls on a weekend (Sat or Sun) there will not be a change to the pick up schedule, regardless of the government’s schedule. Please call the office with any questions (314) 631-8381. Referenced Holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Fourth of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
Additional Residential Waste Pick Up Information:
- Pick-up day for once a week is Monday.
- Pick-up days for twice a week are Monday & Thursday.
- Waste Receptacle – 96 Gallon: (Optional, rental or purchase of is not required)
- Waste container rental available, please call American Eagle at (314) 631-8381 for pricing.
- Bi-annual pick up of a single major appliance/large household item (not including white goods) at no additional charge.
- Unlimited number of containers/items per pick-up
- Container and/or items weight not to exceed 50 pound
- Bundled items and/or single items not to be larger than four (4) feet in any one direction
Additional Single Stream Recycling Information:
- Pick-up day is Thursday.
- Participation is voluntary but is encouraged.
- A 65 gallon Recycling Receptacle will be provided free of charge.
- All recyclables should be placed in the recycling container supplied by waste hauler and/or properly bundled and not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Recyclables to be emptied and rinsed.
Below is a list of recyclable items that can placed in the Single Stream Recycling Receptacles.
- Aluminum Cans
- Trays & Foil (trays & foil must be cleaned)
- Aseptic Packaging & Gable Top Containers (milk & juice cartons)
- Steel & Tin Cans
- Glass Bottles and Jars (clear, brown, green): no window glass, dinnerware, or ceramics.
- #1 PETE: Soda, Water, & Flavored Beverage Bottles.
- #2 HDPE: Milk & Juice Jugs, Detergent & Fabric Softener Containers, Plastic Buckets – such as kitty litter containers (5-gallon size maximum).
- #3 PVC: Narrow Neck Containers only; such as health & beauty aid products, household cleaners.
- #4 LDPE: Grocery Containers; such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups, six and twelve pack rings.
- #5 PP: Grocery Containers; such as yogurt cups, and narrow neck syrup and ketchup bottles.
- #7 OTHER: Narrow Neck Containers only – such as, juice or ketchup bottles.
Additional Containers and Plastics Notes:
- All containers to be emptied and rinsed clean.
- No motor oil, insecticide, herbicide, or hazardous chemical containers.
- Plastic bags should be returned to grocery or department store.
- No plastic film (no plastic sheets, tarps or wrap).
- No expanded foam or clear polystyrene (e.g. packing peanuts, plates, clear and white food storage containers).
- Any item that does not have one of the recycling symbols shown above.
Residential Paper Fiber:
- Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Kraft Bags (brown paper)
- Magazines, Catalogs, and Telephone Books
- Paper: Office, Computer, Notebook, and Gift Wrap (no metal clips, spirals, binders).
- Chipboard (cereal, cake & food mix boxes, gift boxes, etc.)
- Carrier Stock (soda & beer can carrying cases)
- Junk Mail and Envelopes (no plastic cards, stick on labels or unused stamps)
- Paper Back Books (no hard cover books)
Additional Yard Waste Information:
- Pick-up day is Wednesday.
- There is a 10-item limit and no one item shall weigh more than 50 lbs.
- Yard waste should be placed in Brown Lawn Bags, Containers, or Bundles.
- Bundle shall be no larger than four (4) feet in length and eighteen (18) inches in diameter.
- No PlasticBags are permitted.
Additional Major Appliances/Large Household Items Information:
To have items such as; furniture, large appliances, carpeting, wood, remodeling material, and other bulky items picked up, please call American Eagle at (314) 631-8381, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of your pick up day to schedule for the pick up of the item(s). Fee is based on the number of and type of item(s). We do not take the items listed below. Please call with any questions.
- Hazardous materials (e.g. oil, partial cans of paint, etc.)
- Car Batteries
- Railroad Ties
Inspection, Repair, Insurance and Grant Programs
Vacation Inspection Program
The Vacation Inspection Program is a service offered by the St. Louis County Police Department. Upon your request, an officer will check your residence daily while you are on vacation. To participate in the program please call 615-4266, or fill out the Vacation Watch Request form and return to City Hall.
Sewer Lateral Repair Program
The City’s Sewer Lateral Repair Program covers the cost of repairing a failed section of the sewer lateral running from the house foundation to the sewer main. Several Green Park residences have already participated in the program. Information on the program can be obtained by calling the St. Louis County Public Works Department at (314) 615-8427 or City Hall at (314) 894-7336
Water Service Repair Program
Green Park residents qualify for a program offered by St. Louis County that repairs or replaces leaking or broken residential water service lines. If you think your water line is leaking contact Missouri American Water at 1-866-430-0820 and they will perform an inspection. If a leak is found the inspector will leave a repair notice which needs to be submitted along with Water Service Repair Program application to St. Louis County. To obtain this application please call 615-8420.
Metropolitan Sewer District System Overcapacity Insurance Program
The Metropolitan Sewer District has a System Overcapacity Insurance Program. This program will pay up to $2,500 with a $100 deductible for damages and cleanup costs that result from basements flooding due to storm overloading the sewers. Customers should call 314-768-6260 to notify the district of any such problems.
Community Development Block Grant Program
The Community Development Block Grant Program is a program that residents can apply for funding for repairs and renovations to their residence to improve living conditions. Some stipulations of the program are the residence must be occupied by the owner, taxes and insurance must be paid, the grant is income based and applicant must occupy residence for five years after the improvements have been made. Each applicant is limited to a maximum of $5,000 and possible projects could include repairs to the roof, furnace, air conditioner, water heater, plumbing, electrical, tuck-pointing; hand rail installation; concrete, asphalt, & masonry; tree trimming or removal; and foundation work.etc. For further information please contact the Office of Community Development at 615-4405.
Your household’s income must be within the Adjusted Gross Income Limits for 2018:
Family of 1 — less than $45,550
Family of 2 — less than $52,050
Family of 3 — less than $58,550
Family of 4 — less than $65,050
Family of 5 — less than $70,300
Family of 6 — less than $75,500
Family of 7 — less than $80,700
Family of 8 — less than $85,900
To apply, please call Debby at 314-615-4025 or Tim at 314-615-4029. TTY 1-800-735-2966.
St. Louis County’s Lead Hazard Control Program
The St. Louis County Office of Community Development (OCD) administers a Lead Hazard Control Program, which provides 0% loans to low and moderate-income residential property owners to control or abate hazardous conditions in their properties caused by the presence of deteriorating lead-based paint.
The Lead Hazard Control Program is funded by grants received from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through competitive grant applications. St. Louis County has received six grants from HUD since 1995 and has provided lead hazard control repairs to over 1,400 homes.
In November of 2014 St. Louis County was awarded a $2.4 million lead-based paint hazard control grant from HUD. Under this grant, the County will perform interim control and abatement work on 200 homes. This work may include window and door replacement, exterior trim enclosure and interior and exterior painting.
In order to qualify the applicant must:
- Meet income eligibility requirements of 80% of area median income as defined by HUD.
- Live in a house built before 1978.
- Be current with their real estate property taxes.
- Have a child under 6 years of age that either resides there or visits the house on a regular and frequent basis.
Participants can apply by calling 314-615-4428.